I am working at Paola Gori-Giorgi's group at the Department of Theoretical Chemistry of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. My research is founded by a Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship (see Press Release and MSCA-OTmeetsDFT page)
Collaborators and friends: As many of us, I am learning how to work remotely and following statistics and scientific articles regarding the SARS-CoV-2. Please do reach me if you want to discuss, share literature and support each other during these challenging times.
I did my Ph.D. degree at Università di Pisa under the supervision of Prof. Giuseppe Buttazzo.
Recent Activities & News:
- In 4th-8th May, I am attending the online Workshop Optimal transport and applications to machine learning and statistics, at MSRI, Berkeley.
- From March to June, I am traveling to Los Angeles to take part of the (now online) program High Dimensional Hamilton-Jacobi PDEs, at IPAM.
- [Postponed for next year]
In May, I am attending the SIAM Conference on Materials Science in Bilbao, Spain. I am giving a talk at the mini-symposium "Numerical Methods for electronic structure calculations" organized by Gero Friesecke and Benjamin Stamm.
- From 23th to 27th February, Mircea Petrache was visiting the Theoretical Chemistry Department at the VU and working with me.
- In February-March, I am teaching the BSc course Mathematical Methods in Quantum Chemistry at VU.
- 12th February: I gave a talk at the CASA Colloquia of the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e).
- 3rd-7th February: I gave a talk and celebrated the 30th aniversary of the Convegno Nazionale di Calcolo delle Variazioni at Levico Terme.
- In the last week of January, Flavien Léger was visiting the Theoretical Chemistry Department at the VU and working with me.
- In 14th November, I gave a talk at the Applied Mathematics Seminar, at Utrecht University.
- In 26th September I was visiting Banff to work with Mircea Petrache (PUC Chile).
- I gave a short talk at the school Mathematical and Computational Aspects of Machine Learning, 7th-11th October, Centro De Giorgi, Pisa.
- I gave a talk at the General Mathematics Colloquium at the VU at 11th September.
- In the last years, I taught the course Topics in Mathematics of Data Sciences and a Ph.D. course on Density Functional Theory and Optimal Transport.
- I have co-organized the Workshop Optimal Transport meets Density Functional Theory (2017).