I am an assistant professor at the department of mathematics at the Vrije Universiteit (VU) in Amsterdam. Before coming here I was a postdoc at TU Munich working with Ulrich Bauer. I defended my PhD at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in December 2015 under the supervision of Nils A. Baas.
I work within the field of topological data analysis: a relatively recent branch of mathematics in which topological signatures are assigned to data. Enjoying being at both the pure and applied side of mathematics, my research includes pure elements such as representation theory of quivers, as well as more computational aspects, and applications towards the sciences.
Recent and Upcoming Events
Teaching (Spring 2019)
- Numerical Methods at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU).
- Master Seminar in Analysis and Dynamical Systems at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam/University of Amsterdam(VU/UvA).
- (With U. Bauer, S. Oppermann and J. Steen) Cotorsion torsion triples and the representation theory of filtered hierarchical clustering, arXiv, submitted (2019).
- (With H. B. Bjerkevik and M. Kerber) Computing the interleaving distance is NP-hard, arXiv, submitted (2018).
- (With W. Crawley-Boevey) Decomposition of persistence modules, arXiv, submitted (2018).
- (With M. Lesnick) Algebraic stability of zigzag persistence modules, Algebraic & Geometric Topology 18 (2018) 3133-3204. (doi)
- (With H. B. Bjerkevik) Computational Complexity of the Interleaving Distance, 34th International Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG 2018), Vol. 99. (doi)
- (With G. Spreemann, B. Dunn and N. A. Baas) Using persistent homology to reveal hidden covariates in systems governed by the kinetic Ising model, Physical Review E, 2018, 97.3: 032313. (doi)
- Interval decomposition of infinite zigzag persistence modules, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 145 (2017), 3571-3577. (doi)
- (With G. Spreemann) Approximating persistent homology in Euclidean space through collapses, G. AAECC (2015) 26:73. (doi)
- (R. Zhang, V. Sachnev, H. J. Kim and J. Heo) An Efficient Embedder for BCH Coding for Steganography, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory ( Volume: 58 , Issue: 12 , Dec. 2012 ). (doi)
- Fall 2018: Calculus 1 at the Amsterdam University College (AUC).