Wiskunde 1D (UvA) (course information on Canvas)\
Topology (course information on Canvas)
Symplectic topology: construction and invariants of symplectic manifolds and orbifolds, dynamical systems and (Rabinowitz-)Floer homology.
Seminars and workshops
General Mathematics Colloquium
Seminar on Symplectic and Contact Geometry
Rigidity and Flexibility in Symplectic Topology and Dynamics
On the geography of symplectic manifolds , Leiden University, 2004.
- Symplectic geography in dimension 8 , Manuscripta Math. 116 (2005), no.3, 341-355.
- (with H. Geiges) A formula for the Chern classes of symplectic blow-ups, J. London Math. Soc. (2) 76 (2007), 313-330.
- (with J.B. van den Berg and R.C. Vandervorst) Closed characteristics on non-compact energy surfaces in R2n, Math. Ann. 343, nr. 2 (2009), 247-284.
- (with K. Niederkrüger) Resolution of symplectic cyclic orbifold singularities, J. Symplectic Geom. 7, nr. 3 (2009).
- (with K. Niederkrüger) Desingularisation of orbifolds obtained from symplectic reduction at generic coadjoint orbits, Int. Math. Res. Not. IMRN 23 (2009)
- Een korte geschiedenis van het vermoeden van Weinstein (A short history of the Weinstein Conjecture), Nieuw Archief voor Wiskunde (5) 12, nr.2 (2011). An extended translation of this article, with title A short history of the Weinstein Conjecture, appeared in Jahresbericht der Deutschen Mathematiker-Vereinigung, Volume 114, Issue 3 (2012)
- (with J.B. van den Berg, T. Rot and R.C. Vandervorst) Closed characteristics on non-compact mechanical contact manifolds, J. Symplectic Geom., Vol. 14, No.4 (2016)
- (with J. Wisniewska) Bounds for tentacular Hamiltonians\
, Journal of Topology and Analysis (2018)\
- 19th July 1996: Degree (Laurea) in Mathematics, University of Trento, Italy
- 09/1999--12/2001: PhD student (AIO) at the Mathematical Institute of the University of Leiden , The Netherlands
- 01/2002--08/2004: teaching assistant at the Mathematical Institute of the University of Köln , Germany
- 24th June 2004: PhD in Mathematics, University of Leiden; Thesis advisor: Prof. H. Geiges
- 09/2004--02/2010: Postdoc at the Department of Mathematics of the Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- in July 2006 I was awarded a Veni grant from NWO, the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research, for the project Symplectic structures: at the interface of analysis, geometry and topology
- in November 2009 I was awarded a Meervoud grant from NWO, for the project Invariants and dynamics in symplectic geometry
- since March 1, 2010 I am Assistant Professor in the Analysis group of the Vrije Universiteit
- in November 2011 I was awarded a Vrije Competitie grant for the project Periodic motions on non-compact energy surfaces
F. Pasquotto, 16.01.2017.